Online Writing Resources
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Writing tutors review submitted papers, scholarship essays and job applications Monday through Thursday until 3 PM. Anything submitted after 3 PM Thursday is reviewed the following Monday. Turn-around time is usually 24 hours or less.
EFSC Library Resources
Online writing resources, including MLA and APA tips, are available on our LibGuides site.
COVID-19 Update: Virtual Tutoring Information
Due to the Coronavirus emergency, all Writing Center services are being offered virtually
until further notice. Virtual Tutoring via the online Microsoft Teams platform is
available for current EFSC students. Visit the virtual tutoring web page for more details and hours. You can also access EFSC's third-party online tutoring
service SmartThinking and EFSC's Online Writing Lab. Contact the Writing Centers via email: WritingCenter@easternflorida.edu
Focus on writing skills
The Titusville Writing Center is an integrated service at the Titusville Academic Success Center (ASC), located in Building 1, Room 115. Services for EFSC students include paper review, grammar help and developmental writing assistance.
Walk-in writing assistance is available, but appointments are recommended. Call 321-433-5032 or make an appointment online with the links below to get started. The Writing Center and ASC hours are Monday - Thursday, 8 AM to 8 PM.
Madeline Pitchford - Make and Appointment
Amy Covel - Make an Appointment
We suggest you bring the following items when you meet with a writing tutor:
- A printed version of the latest draft of your written work
- Instructor's assignment guidelines
- A flash drive so you can save any changes or corrections you make during the consultation
- Printouts or photocopies of sources used
- A list of any questions or concerns
- Your copy of the college-wide handbook, A Writer's Reference
- An open mind and a willingness to accept constructive feedback