Book Voucher Information
If your total authorized financial aid (i.e. your anticipated aid pending disbursement) exceeds your tuition and fees, Eastern Florida’s Office of Financial Aid will authorize a book voucher for you. This book voucher is not an addition to your financial aid. It is an advance of your financial aid from EFSC until your financial aid is disbursed. The cost of books and supplies purchased using a book voucher will be deducted from your financial aid before refunds are made.
Book vouchers are available for bookstore use for eligible students during the dates listed below. If you are eligible for a book voucher, the amount will be displayed on your myEFSC landing page. You can use book vouchers in the on-campus bookstores plus online using the bookstore's "Find Course Materials" search and purchase tool.
|Class Meeting Dates||Vouchers Available at Bookstore||Last Day to Request Increase|
|May 17 start date||5/13/21 - 5/27/21||5/26/21|
|June 14 start date||6/14/21 - 6/17/21||6/16/21|
|June 28 start date||6/28/21 - 7/6/20||7/5/21|
How do I know if I’m eligible for a book voucher?
Login into myEFSC using your B number and password. If you are eligible for a book voucher, the amount of the book voucher will be displayed on your myEFSC landing page under the heading Book Vouchers next to the book voucher icon.
What You Need to Know About Book Vouchers
- For each part of term, vouchers must be used by the close of business on the last day indicated that vouchers are available at the bookstore in the chart above.
- Book vouchers may only be used to purchase books and certain classroom supplies. Restrictions may apply to electronic materials.
- The bookstore's hours are posted online, with any extended hours listed at that link.
- Dropping or withdrawing from registered classes, never attending registered classes, or ceasing to attend registered classes may reduce the amount of financial aid for which you are eligible. This may result in a billing balance due to EFSC.
- To request an increase to your book voucher, submit the Book Voucher Increase Request Form and supporting documentation verifying that the cost of required textbooks for your registered classes for the current part of term exceeds the amount of your book voucher. The request for an increase can be submitted via the Student Document Dropbox within the myEFSC portal through the close of business on the Last Day to Request Increase listed in the above chart. Submission through the Student Document Dropbox is recommended for fastest processing due to the COVID-19 related Campus closures.
- Refunds for the return of any books and/or supplies purchased using book vouchers will be credited to your EFSC student billing account.
- In compliance with Florida Statute 1004.085, a listing of required textbooks for each course is available through the EFSC bookstore's "Find Course Materials" search tool. The listing includes the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) for each required textbook or other identifying information, the title, all authors listed, publishers, edition number, copyright date and published date.